Thursday, February 14, 2008

I see SUNSHINE!

Well first off let me begin by saying Happy Valentine's Day....... Colton brought everyone little valentine's that he made out himself, and Jell-O jiggler hearts.....

Yesterday afternoon I had some "excitement"...... I was sitting in the living room watching t.v. and the boys were out in the garage trying to get one of the snow mobiles running...... All of a sudden I heard this roaring noise....... I went to look out the back door, thinking I'd see a sled go by..... Well what I saw was water spraying all over my back porch...... the pipes that used to go to my washer (we've since moved that to the basement) burst....... Water everywhere...... I ran to the basement looking for the water shut off...... Couldn't find it anywhere...... (I wasn't looking in the right place.....) anyhow, I tried calling Scott on his cell, but they were at the shop and he didn't have reception...... So I yelled for the kids, to bring buckets..... Finally I found the main shut off to the house...... We would deal with no water in the whole house till Scott come home..... He found the shut off to just the back porch.....

Last night we had a simple supper of egg salad sandwiches, and pickles...... Then we went to the barn for feeding and bedding..... All 5 cattle pens, the goat, and rabbits got fresh bedding......

Today is back to normal...... Colton & TJ are both here..... School is on a 2 hour delay, so at 9:30 we will walk to the bus...... then Colton and I will resume our day as usual.....

I have laundry to do, vacuuming, dishes, the bathroom to clean..... and possibly scrub the kitchen floor..... Later I will take some fresh bedding to the dog and chickens.....

So enjoy your day, I'm enjoying the sunshine coming in the windows!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi I see you had an exciting day after posting a boring day.. LOL Good for you..:) I am still sick but we are still going to Hershey to the Weekend To Remember at the Hershey Convention Center, almost next to the hospital. We are staying at Rachels house too.Have a good weekend.