Friday, January 2, 2009

New Years Resolution....

Did you set one?

We did....

We succeeded with last years & will continue with it.... Which was to eat & live healthier.... We've cut out most "junk".... I cook mostly from scratch.... switched to sea salt.... eat smaller portions.... drink a lot of water.... take a multi vitamin every day.... I would like to start exercising more this year....

Our main 2009 resolution is to live by our strict monthly budget.... We sat down last night and got it all set up.... right now there is no extra spending.... if we want something that's not included in our budget, we will write it on a "wish list" on the fridge.... let the item on the list for 10 ~ 14 days, and re~evaluate "do we really need this?" if the answer is YES then we will save the money for it.... if the answer is NO, then we're not out anything....

Today I went through all the cupboards & freezers and documented everything we have.... I couldn't believe the amount of food we actually have.... I have set a budget of $50 a month for food.... which should be plenty, with cooking from scratch, eating less, and eating straight from what we have.... I could also save a little extra by getting milk from the farm again.... I might look into doing that again....

So anyhow for those of you who have set resolutions & goals.... Good Luck....

No comments: