Tuesday, May 20, 2008

It's Tuesday, & it's raining!!!!

We woke to a gray gloomy sky this morning..... By 7:15 it was raining, and hasn't stopped yet..... I have all my hanging baskets & potted plants sitting out getting "watered" without any work from me..... The peas and onions are HUGE!!!! Guess all this rain is worth it for that.....

Yesterday everyone worked, of course.... Except Scottie, he had Jury Duty..... actually it was just juror selection.... He was not picked for any cases..... I made chili for supper in the crock pot..... We are having that again today, Scott & I were the only 2 that ate last night..... I got 4 new baby chicks last night.... Actually they were hatched from eggs from my hens & rooster.... A while back there was this older couple in the feed store buying an incubator.... and asking if anyone knew where they could get some eggs..... So I spoke up & said that I had eggs..... They came by and bought 18 eggs..... I told them that I could not promise that they were even fertilized.... I do have a rooster, but I was told 1 rooster can only "service" 10 hens.... I have 20 hens..... So anyhow.... 5 of the 18 eggs hatched.... 1 baby died the day after hatching..... they are 2 weeks old now..... So they brought them back to me..... even brought me a 25lb bag of chick starter, and a bag of compressed saw dust..... She wouldn't take any money for any of it.....

Today I am doing basic cleaning, and laundry (hanging it in the basement)...... Have a great day.....

No comments: