Monday, April 14, 2008

Progress.....

We've accomplished a lot the past couple days.....

The garden is started..... We've got 3 - 56' rows of onions, and 2 - 56' rows of peas in..... I've also got 48 tomato plants, 140 pepper seeds & 36 broccoli seeds started..... I do need to get my lettuce, radishes, & herbs in yet..... Everything else waits till May......

The baby goats have an outdoor exercise pen, on nice days they spend the whole day outside.... Eating grass, and playing!

Tonight we moved the baby chicks to the barn.... they outgrew their box in the house, and were feathered pretty well.... we did set up the heat lamp for them..... I did find out their breed..... Delaware Chickens..... the hens lay a nice big brown egg, and the roosters get nice size for butchering.....

Tomorrow my 25 meat chicks come in.... Yeah, more "peeping" in the living room! LOL!!

Well I'll post more tomorrow.... maybe even some more pics of everyone!

No comments: