Thursday, August 7, 2008

Almost the weekend..........

Boy, I just haven't really felt like writing for some reason.... But gotta keep my Mom "off my back".... LOL....

Yesterday (Wednesday) I had to take Tony to the doctors, he has strep throat.... He will go back to work tomorrow.... The rest of the day was rushed, & I ended up with a bad headache.... @ 4pm, Scott came home, Paul & his son Kevin were right behind him with the trailer.... We loaded up the 3 jersey steer & sent them off to butcher.... Colton & I locked the remaining steer in the barn.... then sorted the heifers.... Around 6:30 Scott came home, Colton was gone.... So him & I went out to supper.... just down to Loysville Country Restaurant.... It's one of our favorite places..... We took the scenic route home.... It was a nice time....

Today (Thursday) was a great day.... I was able to stay home all day.... We had some rain this morning.... then the sun came out, & was beautiful for laundry drying.... all of a sudden the skies got dark, & the thunder started rumbling.... Colton & I got all the barn chores done & eggs collected just in time.... Scott said at work hey had 1/2" hail.... & in Shermans Dale a small tornado touched down....

So anyhow.... We had Jeff, Deb, & the girls over for supper this evening.... I made a sirloin tip roast, scalloped potatoes, & sweet corn.... then pudding for dessert..... oohhh, it was soooo yummy.... I'm hungry just sitting here thinking of the left overs sitting in the fridge.... LOL....

Tomorrow is Friday.... thank God.... it's been a long week.... I have a few things to accomplish before the weekend.... scrub the kitchen floor (which I guess will be done on hands & knees since I haven't gotten a new mop head).... more laundry.... bird cages.... finish cleaning the garage.... & get ready for the flea market....

Until next time.... Have a good one!!!!

No comments: