Sunday, August 9, 2009

Hazy, Hot, Humid.....

Honest I'm trying not to complain.... I always try to see the best in everything.... and right now I keep reminding myself that the tomatoes really really need this heat! Right now we have 91* in the shade w/ 92% humidity.... at least there is a breeze....

I've been busy again this week.... Finally got all the potatoes canned.... for now.... also made pickles, and froze more green beans & corn.... I dug up 1 potato plant just to see how they had grown.... they are NICE.... by fall they will be just wonderful!

I have also been kept busy in looking for a job.... 2 weeks till school starts.... I'd like to find something soon.... I don't need much in a job, just as long as it offers health insurance for us....

I did a bit of yard sailing on Friday.... Wasn't the best of days I guess, as I only found 4! I did come home with a new purse, shirt, small rolling pin, & glass tea pitcher.... Then we hit the local auction Friday evening.... spent $28.... most of which we will probably make back, as we picked up a few things to resell.....

Today has been filled with basic cleaning, and being lazy.... I do have a nice ham in the oven.... and potatoes & fresh sweet corn waiting.... I'll also make a batch of brownies.... We are celebrating Scottie's 23rd birthday....

Well guess I'm off to whip up these brownies.... Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

No comments: