Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Good Morning!

It's a wonderful morning here on the mountain.... The sunrise was stunning!! There was a slight chill in the air... and what do I see in my kitchen? Buckets of fresh tomatoes & green beans.... Straight from my garden....

This is my last week with Colton... He starts 1st grade next Tuesday.... I plan to go watch him get on the bus the 1st day... He's been bugging to stay overnight, so tomorrow night we will be having a 'slumber party'.... We plan to hit the local pool during the day w/ Deb & TJ.... then after Scott gets home we'll hit the county fair....

I've put a few applications in at a few local places.... No calls yet... We'll see.... I plan to make the most of being home alone during the days..... Curtains coming down & being washed, windows & screens washed.... Cupboards cleaned out.... Cobwebs tackled.... and maybe if I get a cool day, I'll reorganize the attic.... Plus lots of canning in between....

Sunday we finally made it to the flea market.... It was sooooo HOT..... We made a good amount of money, and hit walmart on the way home.... our first time in months..... Spent more than I had planned on, but Scott needed new work boots, and we bought new underclothes.... Also stocked up on sugar, & flour since I've been doing so much baking....

Well I need to jump off here, and head to the kitchen.... Lots to do today; canning, freezing, & cleaning..... and Colton should be here soon....

Have a great day!

No comments: