Monday, April 27, 2009

Wow, an update...

Yes, that's right... I'm here giving an update... The weather has been absolutely beautiful, and we have taken full advantage of it...

My washer was moved upstairs this past week... Tonight it might be usable, we'll see... I've been going to Scott's Mom's to wash laundry...

I got our picnic table stained... it's needed it for about a good 6 years, but we just never did it... So last week, we splurged for a $7 can of redwood stain @ WalMart... I did the 1st coat on Friday, & Brian helped me with the 2nd & 3rd coats yesterday... Now it looks beautiful... I may just do my clothesline posts too, since I have extra...

My garden is finally tilled up... it's about 20x25 this year... I have to workat it this week & get a lot of the rocks picked out, so Scott can till it again, then we'll get a load of mushroom soil to till in... then I'll start planting... I'm going easy this year, since we have joined Spiral Path Organic Farm. I am planting 40(ish) tomato plants, a couple pepper plants, green beans, and maybe a row or 2 of potatoes(which I need to get in this week). I am also planting Mammoth Sunflowers on the outer edge of the garden (1 side)... My basil plants need to be transplanted into bigger pots (which I may do today)... I also have morning glories to get started, & hosta & gladilous to get in the ground...

Yesterday the whole yard was mowed, Scott was out for about an hour & half total... but he truely enjoyed himself... We both LOVE our new mower... We also moved the dog farther out back, due to the sun & heat... Now he is under a nice big pine tree, shade all day and even nicer when it rains, he's protected... Just a little farther from the house, but he'll get used to it...

Speaking of Bear, Friday him & I went for a walk around our property... If we walk it 5 times, it makes a mile... Saturday we walked up to Scott's Mom's... she's 5 houses up, not quite a 1/4 mile away, but it is up hill... and for some reason Bear felt the need to want to RUN... why at his age he'd want to run up hill, I'll never know... I did run for a short time, then held him back to walk...

Well I'm off here for now, I'll be back later to post some photos for your enjoyment...

Have a GREAT one....

1 comment:

Floral Still Life said...

I'm easy going but I can't image having a washer downstairs! You'll love it being on your same level. My husband tilled some land Saturday, but I was too afraid to plant anything - the weatherman was talking about 3-4 inches of rain! Have you ever tried taking floral still life images of your flowers? I posted one today of some of my blue morning glories. Come by my blog and "smell the flowers" at http://photographyhints.blogspot.com