Friday, July 3, 2009

A quick update..... Happy 4th!!!!


Wishing everyone a happy & safe 4th of July....

Thought I'd better give an update before I get to far behind....

Things are good here... The garden is growing nicely... Scott and I had the first 2 tomatoes on Sunday, they were supposed to be big ones, but they ripened at just bigger than a cherry tomato.... Oh so yummy.... I've gotten almost a quart of raspberries off the bushes I found in the hedgerow between us & the Old Man.... That was just the first picking... Lots more not ripe yet....

We've been eating lots of salads, with fresh lettuce, cucumbers, & tomatoes from Spiral Path (local organic farm we joined this year).... Yesterday I made 2 loaves of zucchini bread (yes I baked.... I know, such a shock), we only have 2 pieces left.... It was good!!!

We've been busy moving & re stacking firewood... We should have about 6 cord brought in before fall.... Makes me all warm inside, LOL.... We were given a wood stove... a nice one, just like Scott wanted.... So now we have to work on taking out the oil furnace & fuel tank....

Next week I've got to get busy canning potatoes... Our friend Kevin brought me about 200lb last week.... plus I have about 50lbs in the basement to use for cooking.... I hate all the peeling, but it's got to be done... I'll love it this winter....

Well that was my quick update... I'm off to get some housework accomplished.... I have a long list today.... Enjoy your weekend!!!

No comments: