Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A beautiful start to this Tuesday....

The sun is shining into almost every window in this house.... It's wonderful.... Possible chance of a thunderstorm this afternoon, we'll see....

I've been so busy, I've neglected my BLOG. I apologize to my faithful readers....

Between the garden, housework, Colton, Farmtown (on facebook), and dinners with the kids I've been ON THE GO!!! I can't complain though, I am happy to be so busy... before we know it, winter will be here, and I'll be BoReD!!

The garden is doing wonderful.... Loads of tomatoes.... They'll be ready for canning soon.... Green Beans are plentyful... My first 2 rows are about done, by the weekend I'll pick the last beans off those plants, and have Scott till that area up... I hope to get some broccoli in for fall... Still lots of beans coming from the other 4 rows.... Potatoes are starting to die back.... I will leave them in the ground till fall.... I had only 1 pepper plant survive out of 3.... Not sure what happened.... but it is doing great....

We haven't had much tome for flea markets.... So the stuff is stacked nicely in the basement....

Sunday we finally got Scott's tuckey to the taxidermist.... It will be close to a year before we see the finished product.... It's nice to have it out of my freezer....

Last week, we got 1/3 of a beef from Scott's work.... it was a nice amount of meat.... we now have a full beef at the butchers. It's small (310lbs hanging weight), but we only have to cover butchering cost.... It was 1 of 2, that had gotten loose from a friends down the road... they had been out for 3 days.... we were told "shoot to kill".... They both came out into the clearing across from our property.... Scott shot & killed both, one shot each....

Had a 4 1/2 foot rattle snake killed down the road from our place last week.... It was given to Scott... He skinned it out, and is drying it w/ the rattles on....

We finally got the BiG wood pile split & moved into the crates.... Now as the weather gets cooler we can head back out into the woods for more.... We should have 6 cord or so before winter.... We were given a wood stove.... it is sitting in the garage right now, waiting for the oil tank & furnace to be tore out of the basement....

Well I gotta get myself motivated.... I've got about 150lbs of potatoes laying out front that I have to can this week.... I will get started on that today.... I also have some light housework to tackle, and zucchini bread to bake.... hmm, what's for supper?

No comments: