Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A whirlwind Mother's Day....

I honestly was not being "lazy" in my writing.... I just couldn't.... My Mom and I made plans for me to fly out to Kentucky for a 4 day visit, so that meant everything I did last week was in preparation for the trip....

I left here early Thursday morning, and arrived in Lexington @ 10:15 AM.... my Mom was at the airport to pick me up.... We surprised my sister @ work, and my niece @ school.... Saturday was my sister's baby shower, so we spent the rest of the time Thursday & Friday getting ready for that.... It turned out quite well.... Sunday was Mother's Day.... All 3 of my boys called me.... It was nice to spend the day with my Mom & Sister (the 1st in years).... My plane then took off Sunday night @ 6:30.... I was back in Harrisburg by 9:30 PM.... Scott was so happy to see me.... I missed him too.... We went out to eat, then finally home at about 11:30 Pm....

Monday was back to normal.... I did a few things.... laundry, dishes, vacuum, dust.... We had left over beef/veggie soup for supper.... After supper, I took the leftovers up to Scott's Mom & Brian (it had to get eaten up).... then Scott tilled the garden, while I picked rocks.... Darren & Garret stopped by, and helped rake the rocks out....

Today was a busy day.... I had invited all the kids up for supper, spaghetti & meat balls.... Usually I make my sauce with the packets of Mrs. Wages spices.... well I was out.... So I had to research how to really make it from scratch.... It turned out really nice.... I also made the meatballs, cleaned the bathroom, the cat box, vacuumed, folded laundry, then went to work in the garden.... I planted 2~ 25' rows of potatoes (Brian hilled them for me), 21 tomato plants, 3 pepper plants, & a 20' row of red beets.... It was a great day....

So, that's why I was "quiet" for a few days....

No comments: